AP Studio Art Digital Portfolio

..

Friday, November 5, 2010

Gesso Piece

This is my Gesso piece. I first wrote a story on a poster board of one of my experiences while skiing. Next I split the paper into sections, utilizing balance, and made each section represent a part of my ski day. In some sections I used modeling paste to build texture and then painted over it with acrylic. Other sections were only represented with acrylic paint. In between the sections is areas in which the writing is still visible and these were lightly painted over with brown paint to represent an outdoor theme. The section include textures of icicles, wood, sunlight, ice, and snow. The run I specifically talk about in my story is called "Our Father" and one section illustrate this idea. This section is scored 5F. The materials and media are strong examples of texture and an intended idea. The concept of texture is strongly represented with the use of modeling paste, and balance is strongly represented in the sectioning of the image and the spaced between the centers.

No comments:

Post a Comment